Sunday, September 12, 2010

Favorite Horror Movie # Ten.



In 1979 director Ridley Scott gave us Alien. I watched it for the first time in 1987 when I was just 7 years old. I was drawn mostly to the sci-fi aspect of this film. Being seven, space and aliens seemed pretty rad. I had no idea what it was going to be about other than that which is obvious in the title. I watched it late at night when the Late Saturday Night Film Feature would come on sometime after Saturday Night Live. This movie is what Science-Fiction horror is all about. Green, drooling razor- toothed aliens and even a little razor-toothed mouth on the inside.Their blood is acid and will melt your face if you are unfortunate enough to get some of the green shit on you. It scared me back then. When I watch it now none of the magic has gone. I just see where the special effects aren't quite as rad as they were when I was eight. For some reason I was always afraid to be in the bathroom alone after I saw it. To me I guess it would be the most logical place for one of those mean motherfuckers to get me.
This movie makes number ten on my list because of its ability to still jump me when I watch it in the dark. Even though I know when the Alien is going to jump out and bite someone in the face with that nasty extra little mouth. Even as I finish watching it I can't help to think. "In the Bathroom no one can hear you Scream"

No comments:

Post a Comment